Thursday 23 June 2011

The sleep experiment...

OK, so I've been experimenting with my sleep patterns this week.  To catch up click here.  I've definitely noticed that I wake up more refreshed and ready to go if I can remember the dream I was having when I awake.  Essentially if I've had time dozing, and I get out of bed between dozes, then I'm OK.

I point out that 'ok' in this case simply means I'm slightly less likely to bite your head of if you try and have a conversation with me within the first 30 minutes of being upright.

I also seem to do better if I've had a 'round' number of hours sleep.  I realise that was incredibly poor grammar, and no-one will understand what I'm trying to say, so I'll try that again...  When I sleep for 6, or 7, or 8 hours and wake 'on the hour' I'm better than if I wake on the 1/2 hour.  I can only assume that my sleep cycles happen to add up like that.

In fact, sleeping for longer does not necessarily mean I'm more refreshed.  It's more about where I am in that cycle when I awake.

I'll keep experimenting, and you never know... I might soon be lifting the corners of my mouth before I get to the school gate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Share with StumbleUpon

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...