Wednesday, 11 July 2012
The Versatile Blogger Award: Hurrah!
Dabbing my eyes with tissues. Trying not to choke. I'm standing here, about to make a speech, in this virtual world, on my virtual stage with my virtual podium, but it's no less scary!
The lovely RecipeJunkie at Recipe Junkie and the attack of the custard creams has awarded me the Versatile Blogger award.
I am proud and honoured to accept. The rules of this award state that I am now allowed to display this beautiful button on my blog. I must also, meet the conditions of acceptance, by telling you all 7 things about myself that you don't already know. This is tricky, as there is, of course, so much to share of my life that is interesting, beyond the chocolate and cake loving.
1. I was on Emu's Pink Windmill show in the 80s. Grotbags' makeup was really greasy and sweating off!
2. I love hard-boiled egg sandwiches.
3. I can Tap dance.
4. I make an amazing Pasta Bolognese.
5. I've seen Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Steps, Kylie Minogue, Genesis, The Manic Street Preachers, Dream Theater, Keane, Status Quo and Shakin' Stevens, among others, live in concert. Now that's an eclectic taste in music.
6. I used to run my own contemporary dance company. Professionally. And no I didn't make any money out of it, and no it wasn't that sort of dance. I did absolutely love it though.
7. Two of my teenage boyfriends (yes two) later announced they were gay. No it wasn't my fault!
The even more tricky part is to nominate other bloggers for the award. This is difficult because some of the best bloggers out there are now well established bloggers that will have received this before. But the idea is to share the best of the blogs out there, so that's what I'll do. If they get it twice, then so be it.
First up, fellow middle-aged (her words) street dancer; Sarah at Mumof3World. A prolific tweeter and almost daily blogger, she regularly links up to my Out of the mouths of babes Linky with a selection of brilliant posts about the fantastic questions her children ask. Blogging about life as a mum of 3 who works part-time, she has got into her stride very quickly and I love reading her updates. From poor old Colin (RIP), to holidays on canal boats; you never know what you're going to get next!
Next, Luci at Mother.Wife.Me. I often follow an interesting sounding link and suddenly find myself on her blog. She has a lovely tone of voice. Her Education Round-Up over on the Britmums Blog is a great source of new information about everything education related, from starting school to funding university.
I also want to give a shout out to Mel at Her Melness Speaks. She will probably have had this before, but if I'm sharing my favourite blogs, then hers has to be there. Whether she's making me smile, or think, or giggle, or cry, I am never bored.
Angie, at CakesPhotosLife, has boundless energy and seems to get so much done I'm in constant awe. The cakes she produces are nothing short of 'amazing' looking! I just wish I could sample some!
I included Attempting The Ordinary mum in the list, until I realised that Recipe Junkie has nominated her already! Guess that's definite positive feedback!
So, I'm now off to Twitter to share the blogging award around. Catch up with me there!