Sunday 16 September 2012

Amazing (HUGE) Wooden Toys!


My daughters are incredibly lucky to have both sets of Grandparents.

They are even more lucky to have both sets that both spoil them rotten! I have a rubbish memory, so couldn't tell you exactly how spoilt, or not, I was personally, but I am fairly certain I wouldn't come close to my two girls in the 'being spoilt' contest.

My girls are now 4 years and 6 years old respectively.  The youngest turned 4 this weekend.  She received all manner of gifts, from us, from her family and from her friends.  By far the two biggest gifts, and I mean biggest quite literally, were the 8 foot trampoline that it took my husband and I four hours; in the garden, until 11pm at night, in the dark; to construct.  It was worth it for the look on her face when she aw it!

We thought that the 'construction' involved for this birthday was finished.  Not so.  I should have known better.

My mum (and dad; though I don't think he has much say in the matter) have a lovely tendency to buy large single gifts rather than a selection of smaller toys.  The slide and see-saw/bouncy/roundabout combo that are both gracing our garden both came from them.

This time they outdid themselves.  They bought my younger a village shop.

A village shop that takes over half of the room!

You should have seen the look on my husbands face as more and more of it was constructed yesterday afternoon by my husband and dad together (amazingly they didn't punch each other). 

As it happens, we've been able to move an entire IKEA storage unit out into the loft, as the contents are now all in the village shop.  It does provide some fabulous storage.  It took us all most of the afternoon to rearrange the room to accommodate it though.  My mum left us to it, giggling as she went.

But the thing I like most about it, is that it's wooden, not plastic.  So much better, don't you think?

8 comments:

  1. Ah we have a shop too! My boys are 3 and 1 and they love it so I can't wait for them to be that little bit older to properly play together as at the moment the smallest just takes everything out and throw it round the room! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is stunning!! I would love something like this for mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous, but big presents are BANNED in our house. Our house was designed for three or four people, not five! We have no spare space. My
    MIL bought my girl a giant dolls house when she was 2 and I nearly died. It's still up a corner of her room taking up space and has never been played with. Reckon we might be OK to get rid now?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We usually hear the simultaneous shouting: "who wants to come to the shop?!" and we have to go and shop!

    Mine also have dolls houses that are rarely played with though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! Not only does it look fun, it also looks really nice in your room....so much better than bright, gaudy plastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne. It is so much fun! They already had shopping trolley's too, so you can imagine the scenarios they have been building!

      Delete
  6. Wow my daughter would love this,she would move her bed out the room to get it in :) thanks for linking up to welcome to the weekend hop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire. It did occur to me that they could design one of those cabin bed combo's but instead of a desk and drawers underneath the bed, it could be a shop!? What do you think? Dragon's Den anyone? By the way, that idea has to be worth 40% commission I reckon!
      PS Loving the weekend hop. I am discovering some great sites. Thanks. :-)

      Delete

Hi there! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Share with StumbleUpon

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...