Monday 21 October 2013

Original Sprout Miracle De-tangler

This week we are testing Original Sprout's Miracle Detangler. I read another blog post on the product and highlighted it in my monthly Britmums Beauty Round-Up. I was then lucky enough to be offered a bottle to test out on my daughter's completely unruly hair.

 

The quote, from my daughter, on first use on dry hair, when asked by my hubby what she thought half way through the usual hair brushing process, was;

 

"Normally I say ow, ow, ow, but this time I haven't said a single ow yet".

 

Praise indeed. Having received that rave review from a 7 year old, need I go on?

 

Well yes, I ought to really.....

 

What they say

"The champion of detanglers, our professional, QUICK RELEASE formula makes tough tangles history. Our number one selling Miracle Detangler is essential. Tangles release immediately making combing effortless. Leaves hair silky, soft & naturally fresh. Combing is fast, painless & safe. Glide through hair with organic & natural ingredients. Use any time for a freshly washed feeling or to calm frizzies!

 

Professional Performance

For Babies, Children & Adults

For All Hair Types & Textures

Helps Prevent Breakage

Worry-Free

Lice & Insects don't like Organic Rosemary but We Love It!

Free of Phytoestrogens Lavender & Tea Tree, Phthalates, Clove & Musk

No Soy, Gluten, Honey, Peanut or Dairy

No Nanoparticles or Titanium Dioxide

100% Vegan. "

 

What I say

 

My mum informs me that leave-in hair conditioners are really good at keeping nits at bay. She's always right of course ( she's my mum), but in this case I absolutely believe her as she's an ex hairdresser!

 

We've tested this product over the last few weeks and if we forget then there are squeals. It is one less battle to have in a morning when you are desperately trying to get the kids to school on time without a war breaking out in your hallway.

 

You can find it over on the Original Sprout website at $11.50 for 4 fluid ozs, or on the UK site here for £17.50. OK, so admit tingly not the cheapest Detangler out there; but it lasts for ages, and works hard for its money.

 

There is one potential negative unfortunately, and the product is so good I am loathe to mention it as some of the problem may be my own incompetence, so bear with me! It isn't about the product itself, it is about the container it comes in.

Unfortunately the pump action bottle always, despite rigorous pre-use shaking, spewed out a stream of the product in a most unladylike manner. So unladylike, in fact, it's almost impossible not to giggle at the droplets of product across your head at that first spray. Oops.

 

You can't control the direction of the first spray, and it does mean that certain parts of your hair are slightly richer in product than you'd like. The coverage isn't exactly even. But; and I say this specifically becuase I love the product and I don't want to put you off, it is usually only the first spray each time that isn't great. After that the spray works in the manner intended.

 

I raised this with the team at Original Sprout and they immediately sent me a second bottle, stating that they haven't had any problems, and maybe it was a one-off.

 

The second bottle is much better, but you definitely need to shake well and spray with purpose. By that I mean that a half hearted, gentle squeeze of the pump will potentially result in the same stream of product. A good strong squeeze usually provides the intended even spray.

 

And the product works. It really does. I love it.

 

My daughters comment covers it all. Brilliant. I have started using on my own hair after washing. It makes dragging my brush through it so much easier!

 

So marks out of 10? 10 for the product itself. A 6 for the bottle (sorry - it still has its moments! But maybe it's just me......?)

 

I am absolutely and completely converted to the Original Sprout's shampoo and conditioner. Check out my review of the Tahitian Family collection's Island Bliss Shampoo and Luscious Island Conditioner here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Share with StumbleUpon

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...